We are but aliens and strangers in this world. There are many things that we will never understand. Problems that sometimes we feel we don't deserve, and the indifference of people when they see someone else suffer.
I keep on trying to understand why it is so HARD for us to share the burden of other people. That we, instead of comforting one another, fly away far enough to avoid it. I then realized that maybe, we all are expecting too much. I guess God has allowed suffering to keep us in check: to remind us that the world is not all there is---that we may depend utterly upon Him. (It's true! We MUST be grateful for our suffering if they lead us back to God.)
Growth comes under hardship. Like in our design plates, hardships = better outcome. Hardships that sometimes mean sacrificing gimmicks or a movie date. In whatever we do, we are just directing ourselves straight to our goal and it becomes more fruitful and vibrant. We will absolutely flourish under pressure. I am NOT saying that we have to stop going out with friends adn we stop enjoying our youth. But priorities come in first (and here I go, MORE TALK THAN WALK. *laughs. at least i'm trying!!)
For those who are broken like I am.. don't you worry! :) after being broken, we are BETTER able to minister those who will be going through the same burden, and help them know the REAL HEALER. That despite all the pressure to compromise, we have stood firm.
"Suffering produces perseverance, character; and character, hope"
God has promised us blessings, although sometimes not necessary the kind we have in mind. Aja aja!! Keep on holding!!!
*smiles
- jeza josef
No comments:
Post a Comment